Instructor Specialty Training
Now that you are a Open Water Scuba Instructor you can teach Open Water, Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster courses. If you would like to broaden your teaching ability and teach specialty courses then you may want to think about becoming a Master Scuba Diver Trainer!
PADI Specialty Instructor Training courses teach instructor candidates how to organise, promote and conduct PADI Specialty Diver courses. These courses emphasize the importance of Specialty Diver training within the PADI System of diver education.
To become a Master Scuba Diver Trainer you must have the following prerequisites.
- PADI Instructor
- 5 PADI Specialty Instructor ratings
- Certified 25 PADI Divers
During each Specialty Instructor course you will present 1 knowledge development presentation from the specialty diver course outline. You will state the purpose, goals, locate the key course standards and explain the course standards and procedures. You will list the student diver and instructor equipment requirements and explain the open water training considerations.
During your open water dives for each Instructor Specialty course you will demonstate mastery of all knowledge development and water skill performance requirements for the specialty diver course. You will conduct a practice teaching assignment and demonstate all open water performance requirements for the specialty diver course.
- Be a renewed PADI Assistant Instructor, PADI Instructor or have completed an IDC or Open Water Scuba Instructor program within the past 12 months.
- To attend a PADI Enriched Air Instructor Training course the participant must: be certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver or hold another qualifying certification.
- To attend a Cave Instructor Training course the participant must: have full cave diver certification by a reconized cave diving organization.
- To attend Semiclosed Rebreather Instructor Training course the participant must: be certified as Enriched Air Specialty Instructor, a PADI Semiclosed Rebreather Diver certification and documented experience with a specific semi closed rebreather unit.
- To attend a PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Instructor Training course the participant must be certified as a PADI Divemaster,PADI Assistant Instructor or PADI Instructor.